We have a wide range of opportunities for learning and we’re more than happy to help find the right opportunity for you.
If you’re interested in joining a course or you are looking for more information, please contact us on 0141 553 0808.
We offer learning opportunities in the following topics:
- Adult Literacy & Numeracy
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Personal & Social development
Class schedule, Autumn/Winter 2017
|Human Development and Behaviour||28th August 2017||Every Monday for 12 weeks||1-3.30pm|
|Grammar and Literacy||Ongoing||Tuesday||6-8pm|
|Literacy & Tablets||Ongoing||Wednesday||6-8pm|
|Improve Literacy Skills||Ongoing||Thursday||1-3pm|
|ESOL Speaking Class||Ongoing||Thursday||6-8pm|
*For Human Behaviour there is a fee waiver available.
Human Development and Behaviour
If you are
- thinking about a career in care
- already working in care
- caring for someone on an unpaid basis
This is the course for you.
This SQA accredited National Unit course will provide you with knowledge and understanding of development and behaviour to individuals using care services.
- is suitable for people who haven’t studied care before
- is suitable for people who wish to progress to further study of care
- is free for anyone qualifying for a fee waiver
The course is offered in partnership with City of Glasgow College.
Literacy & Numbers
We offer different ways of learning reading and writing:
- One-to-one support
- Group learning
Different students learn in different ways and we want everyone to have a chance to improve and refresh their letter and numbers.
Our classes include:
- Improve your literacy
- Brush up your literacy skills using tablets
- Literacy drop-in
- Geography with Literacy
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
If you are ready for an ESOL course we encourage you to book a time for assessment. Our ESOL Assessment appointments are on Fridays 1.30pm and they need to be booked beforehand through the reception of our Learning & Event Space. Coming to an ESOL assessment will help you to find English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) class in Glasgow. You will be given an English test and provided help to find classes near where you live. They will help you to find community and college English language classes.
Learners need to take part in an ESOL assessment before taking part in our ESOL literacies classes and Access 2 class to ensure the class is at the right level for you.
Please call 0141 553 0808 for more information or to book your ESOL assessment.
Our ESOL assessments are offered in partnership with the ESOL Network Project. See more at Learn ESOL Glasgow.
We offer different levels of ESOL courses.
- ESOL Speaking Class: Every Thursday evening from 6-8pm. This class is a great place to get started. Everyone is welcome to this relaxed course offering an opportunity to hear and speak English and learn some literacy.
- Our ESOL courses help you gain knowledge about
- English for work and living in the UK
- Citizenship and UK culture
There are a wide variety of literacy and numeracy classes that take place in outreach venues around North East Glasgow. They work on a range of topics such as spelling, reading, writing, using an iPad or tablet, letter writing, etc.
Our outreach work is offered in partnership with Young People’s Futures, Wellhouse Housing Association, Royston Youth Action and Addaction.