Last month on 7th October a new round of the Time for a Change course began. The participants came to Rosemount Lifelong Learning ready to work on their employability skills and move closer to securing a job.
Time for a Change is a free 10 week employability programme that provides a wide range of teaching and support. Our training is all about enhancing your prospects of securing suitable and sustainable employment.
The focus of the programme is a variety of topics including:
- REHIS, Elementary Food Hygiene
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Financial Inclusion/Money Management
- Tenancy Sustainability
- Building conference, motivation & aspirations
- Overcoming barriers to work
- Job search skills & preparation for work
- Increased knowledge of local services
There will also be an opportunity to get one-to-one guidance and support as well as a personal development plan to make sure the participants find their goals – and reach them.
The group has been meeting twice a week for the first 5 weeks. For the next 5 weeks they will meet 3 days a week.
Time for a Change works for people with school-age children and the course schedule is in line with school holidays. Every participant receives a £5 daily allowance towards expenses.